Find Us Online

Monday, June 01, 2009

The 10th Anniversary Procession and Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Queen

Leaving for Stronsay
(Rubric: left click pictures to see everything clearly)
By a heavenly arrangment the Tenth Anniversary of the return of Papa Stronsay to its monastic use was Pentecost Sunday. Usually the 31st May is the feast of the Queenship of Mary. In the late afternoon we went to Stronsay to process about 5 miles along the length of the island to the Station Pier, close by Papa Stronsay. The weather was glorious in the extreme.
The object of our procession was:
1) To give public thanks to Our Lady for all the graces She has obtained for us, especially that of our full and perfect union with the See of Peter;
2) To consecrate the Congregation of the Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer to Her Immaculate Heart, by an Act of Total Consecration;
3) To consecrate Stronsay to Her Immaculate Heart; and
4) To renew the consecration of Papa Stronsay to Her Immaculate Heart.
Point of Departure Scoulters, South Stronsay
The sacred Image of the Immaculate
exposed the length of Stronsay
As the procession passed
the cattle ran to the fences
+ She is the Immaculate Queen of these Isles +
Procession nears Whitehall Village
Papa Stronsay in the background across the water
+ The Queen awaits Her Royal Barge +
All on and about Papa Stronsay belongs to Her:
Her subjects, Her island, Her waters.
Evviva Maria!
+ Hail Queen of Heaven, the Ocean Star +
This is the Image of the Queen
Who reigns in bliss above
Of Her Who is the Hope of Men,
Whom men and angels love,
Most Holy Mary at Thy Feet,
I bend a suppliant knee,
In this Thy own sweet month of May,
Dear Mother of my God I pray,
Do Thou remember me.

+ The Queen and Her Ensigns +
How fair soever be the form
Which here your eyes behold,
Its beauty is by Mary's self
Excell'd a thousandfold.
The St. Alphonsus approaches Papa Stronsay
Sweet are the flow'rets we have culled
This image to adorn;
But sweeter far is Mary's self,
That rose without a thorn!
+ 1999 - Arrival on Papa Stronsay - 2009 +

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

O Mary conceived without sin, Queen of my family and my home, pray for us who have recourse to Thee!

A.I.M.

St. Jude Pray For Me said...

Dear Rev. Fr. Michael Mary, F.SS.R.

even if I am far away I commit my father's soul to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Then that She may forgive me for my sins known and unknown.

With All Respect
A.B.

Michelle Therese said...

I was SO HAPPY to read these words:

"All on and about Papa Stronsay belongs to Her:
Her subjects, Her island, Her waters.
E Viva Maria!"

YES indeed. Amen x 1,000! (E Viva Maria ... does that mean something like, "Long Live Mary"?)

Oh, how WONDERFUL! What a beautiful procession! I wish I had been able to be there ~ I live so close, yet so far. If only this had taken place during our up coming "vacation" !!

So, how do we go about getting a procession here on the Mainland *island*?? (Yes, our island is called "Mainland.") If it's not allowed on the public roads we could always process around the farm! (Why not?)

Ok, Michelle Stuipd Question o' The Day: (I can't even spell "stupid" hahahaha!) Is that a statue of Our Lady of Fatima? Father, all of a sudden I've started having this near-desparate devotion to Our Lady of Fatima! I have no idea why but I'm not about to question it. Half of the time for me, being Catholic amounts to: "I don't understand so I'll just obey."

There is so much that I still don't know.

GOD BLESS!!!!

~Michelle Therese

Anonymous said...

Evviva Maria, Maria evviva
Evviva Maria e chi la creco!


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...